oDrive (Optogenetics-enabled Microdrive)
The oDrive is the optogenetics-enabled version of the compact and accurate dDrive chronic microdrive.
- 250 µm/turn – Carefully target brain layers with the oDrive’s high accuracy.
- Right-sized for different animal models – The oDrive comes in four sizes ranging from o-drive-2.5 for a small animal or rodents, up to the oDrive-10 for larger brains and animals.
- Lightweight – The oDrive-2.5 weighs 0.55 g, while the oDrive-10 weighs 0.85 g.
- Fiber options – Select from four different optical fiber options to match your needs. See specifications below for more information.
- Simplified implant – NeuroNexus worked closely with labs to develop a low-risk implant procedure. Ask us for a demonstration video!
The oDrive-2.5 is optimized for applications where an exceptionally small and lightweight microdrive solution is needed.
- Drive range: 2.5 mm
- Height: 11.9 mm
- Weight: 0.55 g
In addition to its reduced size, the oDrive-2.5 incorporates improvements to enhance its usability and practicality. NeuroNexus recommends the oDrive-2.5 for researchers performing chronic recordings in mice, birds, and other small animal models.
The oDrive-5 is suitable to the widest variety of applications in rodents or similar animal models. With a drive range of 5 mm and a weight of 0.65 g, the dDrive-5 provides enough probe depth adjustment for extended experiments, but remains light enough even for mice.
- Drive range: 5 mm
- Height: 16.9 mm
- Weight: 0.65 g
With an extended drive range of 7.5 mm, the oDrive-7.5 is most suited to larger animal models, or applications where a wide range of probe movement is desirable.
- Drive range: 7.5 mm
- Height: 21.9 mm
- Weight: 0.80 g
With 2.5 mm more drive range than oDrive-7.5 mm, the oDrive-10 is capable of safely housing a full 10 mm probe.
- Drive range: 10 mm
- Height: 16.4 mm
- Weight: 0.85 g