The Matrix ArrayTM can be configured for acute or chronic, large or small animal experiments, interfacing with large populations of neurons in 3D space, up to 10 mm deep in the brain, spinal cord, and the heart.
- 3D neural interface – The Matrix ArrayTM concurrently spans a 2D footprint and multiple depths, covering a volume of tissue and interfacing with large populations of neurons.
- Robust – Lab-tested and refined to the smallest detail, the Matrix ArrayTM can withstand demanding chronic applications.
- Versatile – The modular assembly of the Matrix ArrayTM allows for varied configurations: record from cortical and/or subcortical areas, as well as from the brain surface, all with the same device. Electrode length, site area, and shank/site spacing can all be customized for your application.
- High channel density – Record and stimulate from 64, 128, or 256 channels.
- Refined surgical procedure – NeuroNexus worked closely with leading primate labs to develop a low-speed, low-risk, automated implantation procedure, reducing recovery time and preserving tissue health.
- Optogenetics-compatible – Configure a Matrix ArrayTM with an integrated optical fiber for novel optogenetics applications.
- Adaptors – When recording from the Matrix ArrayTM, adaptor is connected with a torque wrench, reducing strain on the animal. This allows the Matrix Array to be connected to a variety of existing recording systems, and protects the connections when not recording.