Matrix ArrayTM (Primate)
The Matrix ArrayTM can be configured for large animal experiments, interfacing with large populations of neurons in 3D space, up to 10 mm deep.
- 3D neural interface – The Matrix ArrayTM concurrently spans a 2D footprint and multiple depths, covering a volume of tissue and interfacing with large populations of neurons.
- Robust – Lab-tested and refined to the smallest detail, the Matrix ArrayTM can withstand demanding chronic applications.
- Versatile – The modular assembly of the Matrix ArrayTM allows for varied configurations: record from cortical and/or subcortical areas, as well as from the brain surface, all with the same device. Electrode length, site area, and shank/site spacing can all be customized for your application.
- High channel density – Record and stimulate from 64, 128, or 256 channels.
- Refined surgical procedure – NeuroNexus worked closely with leading primate labs to develop a low-speed, low-risk, automated implantation procedure, reducing recovery time and preserving tissue health.
- Optogenetics-compatible – Configure a Matrix ArrayTM with an integrated optical fiber for novel optogenetics applications.
- Adaptors – When recording from the Matrix ArrayTM, adaptor is connected with a torque wrench, reducing strain on the animal. This allows the Matrix Array to be connected to a variety of existing recording systems, and protects the connections when not recording.