dDrive (Chronic Microdrive)
Light, compact, and inexpensive!
The dDrive chronic microdrive enables precise probe movement in freely behaving animals.
- 150 µm/turn – Carefully target brain layers with the dDrive’s high accuracy.
- Right-sized for different animal models – The dDrive comes in different sizes for different animal models. Minimize strain on a mouse with the dDrive-Nano, or size up to the dDrive-xL for larger brains and animals.
- Lightweight – The dDrive-Nano weighs 0.36 g (with cap), while the largest dDrive-xL weighs 0.75 g (with cap).
- Secure – All dDrive models are designed with features that improve adhesion to the skull for additional security and stability.
- Simplified implant – NeuroNexus worked closely with labs to develop a low-risk implant procedure. Ask us for a demonstration video!
- Optogenetics-compatible – The oDrive combines chronic, freely behaving microdrive implants with optogenetics.
The dDrive Nano is optimized for applications where an exceptionally small and lightweight microdrive solution is needed.
- Drive range: 1.0 mm
- Height: 8.25 mm
- Weight: 0.36 g
In addition to its reduced size, the dDrive Nano incorporates improvements to enhance its usability and practicality. NeuroNexus recommends the dDrive Nano for researchers performing chronic recordings in mice, birds, and other small animal models.
The dDrive-m is suitable to the widest variety of applications in rodents or similar animal models. With a drive range of 2.5 mm and a weight of 0.47 g, the dDrive-m provides enough probe depth adjustment for extended experiments, but remains light enough even for mice.
- Drive range: 2.5 mm
- Height: 10.0 mm
- Weight: 0.47 g
With an extended drive range of 7 mm, the dDrive-xL is most suited to larger animal models, or applications where a wide range of probe movement is desirable.
- Drive range: 7.0 mm
- Height: 15.5 mm
- Weight: 0.75 g