dDrive (Chronic Microdrive)
Light, compact, and inexpensive!
The dDrive chronic microdrive enables precise probe movement in freely behaving animals.
- 250 µm/turn – Carefully target brain layers with the dDrive’s high accuracy.
- Right-sized for different animal models – The dDrive comes in different sizes for different animal models. Minimize strain on a mouse with the dDrive-2.5, or size up to the dDrive-10 for larger brains and animals.
- Lightweight – The dDrive-2.5 weighs 0.45 g (with cap), while the largest dDrive-10 weighs 0.85 g.
- Secure – All dDrive models are designed with features that improve adhesion to the skull for additional security and stability.
- Simplified implant – NeuroNexus worked closely with labs to develop a low-risk implant procedure. Ask us for a demonstration video!
- Optogenetics-compatible – The oDrive combines chronic, freely behaving microdrive implants with optogenetics.
The dDrive-2.5 is optimized for applications where an exceptionally small and lightweight microdrive solution is needed.
- Drive range: 2.5 mm
- Height: 8.9 mm
- Weight: 0.45 g
In addition to its reduced size, the dDrive-2.5 incorporates improvements to enhance its usability and practicality. NeuroNexus recommends the dDrive-2.5 for researchers performing chronic recordings in mice, birds, and other small animal models.
The dDrive-5 is suitable to the widest variety of applications in rodents or similar animal models. With a drive range of 5 mm and a weight of 0.55 g, the dDrive-5 provides enough probe depth adjustment for extended experiments, but remains light enough even for mice.
- Drive range: 5 mm
- Height: 11.4 mm
- Weight: 0.55 g
With an extended drive range of 7.5 mm, the dDrive-7.5 is most suited to larger animal models, or applications where a wide range of probe movement is desirable.
- Drive range: 7.5 mm
- Height: 13.9 mm
- Weight: 0.70 g
With 2.5 mm more drive range than dDrive-7.5 mm, the dDrive-10 is capable of safely housing a full 10 mm probe.
- Drive range: 10 mm
- Height: 16.4 mm
- Weight: 0.85 g